Author:Mr. MohRD
Date:2012-03-25 10:54:46
Update:2012-03-26 12:49:56

1. Improvement   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mr. MohRD Mr. MohRD - 2012-03-25 10:54:47
Hi Khaled.
How are you? (Are you in Syria now?)

Thank you for your great class.
I use it in several projects and it works perfectly. (but sometimes, it has some problems with Iran Hejri calender)

Yesterday, I was coding my project with your class. And I want a full Arabic date (with Arabic digits). I had looked up in your class, and didn't find a digit convertor. So wrote some function to do it.
Also, I have replaced `preg_replace` function, which used in `en2ar` function with 'str_replace`. Because you didn't have any regular expression in your `patterns`. (Also, `str_replace` is much faster than `preg_replace`)

I've uploaded the improved class. Check it, and if you like, use it in the main package:
minus.com/mqiXveXOO/

I think you can put an optional variable for setting local calenders difference with your global calender. (Iran calender problem)

Have a nice day...

2. Re: Improvement   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Khaled Al-Shamaa Khaled Al-Shamaa - 2012-03-26 12:49:56 - In reply to message 1 from Mr. MohRD
Dear Friend,

You can get the very latest version of this class from here:
ar-php.org/en_index-php-arabic.html

It has far improvement comparing to what we have here as well as extra functionality have been added also, please look there and find out what you are looking for.

On the other hand, I will look into your updates and find out if I can get benefit from your improvements, thanks for your co-operation in this task.

Best regards,
Khaled