Author: Manuel Lemos
Updated on: 2023-05-12
Posted on: 2023-05-11
Package: OpenAI Chat API PHP Completions Class
This package provides a PHP application that works similarly to ChatGPT.
It uses the GPT API to benefit from the same artificial intelligence engine of OpenAI that ChatGPT uses.
About the OpenAI Chat API PHP Completions Class Package
The basic purpose is: Chat application like ChatGPT using OpenAI GPT API
Here follows in more detail what it does:
This package implements a chat application like ChatGPT using OpenAI GPT API.
It provides a class that can access the OpenAI GPT API to send requests to implement chat interactions.
The package also provides a Web application to let users chat with GPT artificial intelligence engine, similar to what is possible with the ChatGPT application.
Instructions for use:
1. Create an OpenAI account at https://beta.openai.com/
2. Create an API key at https://beta.openai.com/account/api-keys
3. Make a variable to store your API key in, let's say $apiKey
4. Create a new PHPOpenAIChat object, passing in your API key, like this:
$openAIChat = new PHPOpenAIChat($apiKey);
5. Send a message to the model and get a response like this:
$messages = ; # create a conversation
// set agent
$messages = $openAIChat->set_agent($messages, "You are an assistant cat that can speak english and is named Henry.");
// add prompt to messages conversation
$messages = $openAIChat->add_prompt_to_messages($messages, "What is your name?");
$response = $openAIChat->sendMessage($messages);
print_r($response); # show entire returned array
// print text
echo "<br />response text: " . $openAIChat->get_response_text($response) ."<br />";
6. You can also set the model to use (gpt-3.5-turbo or gpt-4), the max_tokens to use, the temperature to use, the frequency_penalty to use, and the presence_penalty to use.
7. You can also estimate the token count of the messages to send to the model, and subtracts from max_tokens.
8. You should be able to get the text from the response by using $response['choices']['message']['content']
9. You can append the text from the response to the messages to send to the model
10. You can also use the add_prompt_to_messages() function to add a prompt to the current conversation
11. Then you can repeat the cycle again by sending the messages to the model and getting another response.
This package was considered notable for implementing its benefits in a way that is worth noticing.
Notable PHP packages can be often considered innovative. If this package is also innovative, it can be nominated to the PHP Innovation Award and the author may win prizes and recognition for sharing innovative packages.
If you also developed your own notable or innovative packages consider sharing them, so you can also earn more visibility for your package as well nice prizes.
One nice prize that many PHP developers want and you may like is the PHP elePHPant mascot plush.
You need to be a registered user or login to post a comment
Login Immediately with your account on: